Meditation is an ideal way to pray. Using God's word (Lectio Divina) allows me to hear, listen and reflect on what the Lord wants to say to me - to one of his disciples - just like He did two thousand years ago.
The best time to reflect is at the beginning of the day and for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
Prior to going to sleep, read the Mass readings for the next day and then, in the morning, reflect on the Meditation offered on this website.
I hope these daily meditations allow you to know, love and imitate the Lord in a more meaningful way.
God bless you!


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Luke 12:35-38 Light Your Lamps

Luke 12: 35-38 Light Your Lamp

(Click here for readings)

The Lord has always given to me a very constant awareness of the shortness of life. Now that I am a priest, I can see how brief life is when in one day I may celebrate a baptism, wedding and funeral. Life is truly short, too short perhaps, and even shorter when one is having fun.

The Lord reminds us to be vigilant at all times and pray that you may have the strength to stand before the Son of Man. Vigilance means patience. Be patient. Allow the Lord to use you to the fullest, to consume you ring you out to the last drop of blood, sweat and tears. Only this way will the Church grow strong, the love of God appear bright and your reward be guaranteed.

Vigilant at all times

I cannot waste a single second of my life. I will never get it back. I can say “yes” a few more times and “no” a few more times if it brings me closer to you, Lord. “Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival.” I need to live each day as if it were my last because one day I will be right. This means, I need to live my life the right way at all times. Sin is a waste of my time. There is not a single sin that has ever made me a better man. This rings true for all men, for all times. I need to fight the good fight. Stay alert. Be vigilant. I go to Church, I attend Mass, I spend an hour in adoration and prayer to know the Lord more, to embrace Him evermore, to love Him dearly and to share Him sincerely. My life is to bring light to those who live in darkness. It is not obvious. It is very easily forgotten. What is the purpose of my life? Is it not to share it with others? Is it not meant to be given to others? “Take this all of you and eat it. This is my body which will be given up for you.”

Remind yourself today what the Lord could accomplish in you and through you if I could be just a little more patient with Him.

Pray at all times

Prayer is a corner, a secret hiding place, in a world gone wrong where kindness and truth shall meet; justice and peace shall kiss. It is a foretaste of life with the Lord. Truth shall spring out of the earth, and justice shall look down from heaven (Ps 85:11-12). Prayer is an intimate moment, a timeless moment, of unity between the All-mighty and the all-nothing. How can I pray if it were not for the Lord’s kindness and peace? How can I even fathom the concept of prayer if I cannot recognize the truth of my lowliness, the injustice of my actions with the immense love of the Lord? Prayer keeps me from falling into the two greatest temptations against the two greatest commandments. The All-mighty asks of me what he does to me: love my Son and be like Him. Prayer allows me to learn the words, “I desire mercy not sacrifice.”

Do I have it in me to pray, to light my lamp? Yes, for I was created in the image and likeness of my Lord and God. Prayer is the lighting of my lamp. The Lord has given me a heart to love and a mind to do it. Prayer is patience in hope. My love will be rejected, distorted and manipulated. But in the end my love will rise from the dead and raise up a multitude of beloveds.

Those who love, with patience and prayer, will see the face of God and recreate the face of the earth. My world will blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updated: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. Comments must be concise and to the point.Comments are no longer accepted for posts older than 7 days.